All Saints Marthall
The Parish of All Saints Marthall serves the villages of Marthall, Ollerton and Little Warford.
Please see www.clmruralchurches.org.uk for the latest service times and news.
The church was consecrated by Dr John Bird Sumner, Bishop of Chester, on 1 November 1839. According to the church archives, “it was built by the munificence of WILBRAHAM EGERTON Esquire, of Tatton Park, Lord of the Manor, as a chapel of ease to Rostherne Parish Church…"
The district comprising the townships of Marthall-cum-Little Warford and Ollerton was assigned to this Church on January 10th 1840. The above district was constituted a separate parish with the name of ’Marthall’ on February 1st 1856 (New Parishes Act 1856).